Keely's Korner Intro

Hey welcome to "Keely's Korner" blog by: Keely Williams, if you take a look around you can pretty much get a hold of what my blog is all about. FUN! I hope you all enjoy, Keely Williams ♥

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Easy Birthday Blankie

Hello Everybody! Okay, on the 14th was my little brother Greyson's 3rd Birthday, and for a present I decided to make him this super easy special blankie. He uses this thing WAY more that I figured he would so overall I think it was a good pick. Okay now, that I have went on about how cool thins thing and how easy it is to make, I have to tell you how to make one of your own♥

You’re going to need . . . .

For 60in. wide fabric 1 yard of each
For 45in. wide fabric 1 1/2 yards of each
(I bought flannel for the inside and fuzzy velour for the outside)
Pins
Scissors
Sewing machine

1. Trim both fabrics so they are even on all four sides.

2. Pin it so the sides you want to be on the outside, are on the inside.

3. Sew up the sides leaving one side open.

4. Flip "bag" right side out. Turn in un-sewed edges and pin.

5. Sew alongside leaving about 1/2 in. (this will make sewing up the fourth side look more even)

6. TA-DA!! You have a completely adorable and super easy blanket in 5 steps!


Here is what my finished product ended up looking like. (The fleece is the polka dot, and the velour is the light blue)

This isn't the owner (he was to impatient to stand still long enough for a picture) So his big sister asked for the modeling gig.

I hope you all had lots of fun learning how to make a Easy Blankie♥

No comments:

Post a Comment